#530 How to Improve Email Engagement
Oct 29th, 2020 by MTFW
More than a Few Words, a weekly marketing podcast, hosted by Lorraine Ball features conversations with professionals from around the world.
This week, Shane Barker joined us for a conversation about email engagement, getting readers excited to hear from you.
Do you remember when it was fun and exciting to get an email? That was a long time ago. These days, our inboxes are filled, and there's a real fatigue. As a marketer, your challenge is to break through the clutter, and get people excited about your email.
Shane had a few great tips on how to do just that.
- Have a clear purpose for each email
- Design campaigns for mobile consumption
- Add an element of fun to the campaign
- Ask questions and incorporate the answers from your readers into future campaigns
- Don't be afraid to clean out your list, and drop people who really aren't interested.